Builders Club Projects: Eight end-of-year ideas
Friday, December 04, 2009
- Ring your bell. Collect needed items for the Salvation Army or be a bell ringer.
- Visit a nursing home. Many nursing home residents have few visitors and find the holidays a very difficult time. Clubs can simply visit with members, take a road trip and go caroling at a variety of nursing homes, or coordinate a cleaning project—vacuuming, dusting, and window cleaning.
- Trim a tree. Decorate a Christmas tree at a nursing home, hospital, school or homeless shelter. And if needed, contact a local tree farm about donating a Christmas tree to any of these locations.
- Collect coats. Collect old coats that either don't fit or are not worn anymore. Have them cleaned at a cleaner and then distribute them to people in need.
- Hold a canned good drive. Most communities have a food pantry for people in need. Help stock the shelves.
- Bag it. Collect and decorate grocery paper bags for the holidays. They fill them with fresh fruit, candy, and small toy gifts for children.
- Adopt a family. Provide food, decorations, and gifts for a family in need.
- Create a mitten & cap tree. Create a "Mitten & Cap Tree" by placing a sign on a tree limb, and collect mittens and caps for kids who don't have them during the cold season.