Builders Clubs have united with all Kiwanis-family members and UNICEF to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus from the face of the earth through The Eliminate Project. Kiwanis Service Leadership Programs have raised more than US$7,262,695 in cash and pledges. Pat yourselves on the back for all of your great work! Every US$1.80 donated will save or protect one woman and her future babies.
Your Builders Club was encouraged to raise funds and awareness during Eliminate Week in May. If your club participated, you can still submit funds and be recognized by following these three easy and important steps before September 1:
- Send in your donation. Use The Eliminate Project gift form for Kiwanis-family members. Remember to include your club number and name so you can receive proper credit and request recognition items.
- Get recognized. Tell us about your project by completing this easy form to receive a participation patch for your club.
- Double your lifesaving impact. Ask your Kiwanis club to match the funds you raised. Your Kiwanis club will receive a Unity Award, and you will be recognized as a 1K Club, for raising more than US$500, and saving or protecting more than 555 lives together.
Now is also a great time to start planning for Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF 2015:
- If your Builders Club participated in Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF in 2013 or 2014, a box of supplies will be shipped by September 15. Here is a list of clubs who will receive supplies. Do not worry: If your club is not on this list, you can order them from the Kiwanis store by the end of September.
- Your club can easily raise money for Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF without going door-to-door. Consider hosting a dodgeball tournament or bake sale for donations. Start planning the fun. Find fundraising ideas, information on how to submit funds and how to earn a banner patch at www.TheEliminateProject.org/trickortreat.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you again for your generous support. You’re making a difference! We are changing the course of history.