INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Building self esteem at a pivotal age. Members:
Middle/junior high school Motto:
Builders Club members are the leaders of tomorrow. And they’re the energetic, dedicated kids of today. They’re middle school students, and something more—they’re passionate about making a difference in the world. A program of Kiwanis International
, Builders Club is the largest service organization for middle school and junior high students, with more than 45,000 members worldwide. As students maneuver through this “in-between” stage of life, they learn to work together and develop service and leadership skills that benefit their schools, communities and the world around them.
CLUB SPONSORSHIP AND ADVISORS
Each Builders Club is sponsored by a school and a Kiwanis club. Within each sponsor, an individual volunteers to serve as an advisor who guides and mentors the Builders Club members.
- The faculty advisor works closely with the club, is familiar with the school or organization’s procedures and acts as a liaison between the youth club, the Kiwanis club and school administrators.
- The Kiwanis advisor supports youth club members and the faculty advisor in all their endeavors and also serves as the liaison between the sponsoring Kiwanis club, the youth’s club’s faculty advisor and school administrators.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Parents can carry out the mission of Builders Club by:
- Communicating regularly with the advisors to stay informed about what the Builders Club is doing during the year
- Volunteering to assist with club duties
- Talking to their child to help him or her reflect on their service work
Parents are also welcome to participate in Kiwanis One Day
— a day set aside each April when all Kiwanis-family club members in a community can get together and perform a service project.
Connect with us online to receive the most up-to-date resources and information. In fact, it’s also a great way to advocate for Builders Club and your child’s club—by sharing news with friends and family.